Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Inspo Inspo Read All About It

No comments :
 
Because like Books vs E-books reading virtual words will never compare to holding the real thing. While Polyvore and Pinterest provide the opportunity to online shop while mentally bookmarking via re-pin, real collages held together with love and glue will always reign in my heart. Whats better then holding everything you love at the tips of your fingers? 

Being the thankful receiver of many boxes of vintage patterns from my grandmother, I am also the recipient of many of her old notes, drawings and musings. And really, whats more quaint than traveling back forty years into another persons thoughts and mind? 

While I'm an avid Polyvore-enthusist, it's just not the same. It's not as personal. Thirty years from now, when 2013 is considered vintage, will someone crack open my laptop and read my inner thoughts by blog, Twitter, Polyvore collages? Will old family photos be viewed through iPhoto '11? Can we just ponder for a bit on the thought of a vintage blog. The legacy we leave today via the internet, is so drastically different than that of those before us. Tis' weird. 

We'll also disregard the irony of my pondering technology vs the paper world, as I scanned these paper collages to post online. Whatever, you guys get the best of both worlds.





No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff