Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

DIY Sacai

No comments :
 

For the love of ruffles I'm still not over it. I know theres newer than new collections sprouting abroad at this very moment but can we time travel back to SS13 when Sacai put the P in peplum with a mélange of lace and sheer organza attached at the hem of a typical menswear shirt. This very link has been sitting in my browser taunting me all morning as I zoom and re-zoom on every image trying to figure out how I can approximate this without completely butchering it. Those words - temporarily unavailable masking the price as well as any opportunity of ownership.  I turned to eBay and it didn't even know who Sacai was which hurt my heart, but then I thought to myself - what proud owner would abandon such.

So then I found myself sifting through men's shirts, as if someone above had maneuvered my limbs like a puppeteer, enabling my sudden acquisition. Short sleeve with the slightest check print, it was Oscar de la Renta and fifteen dollars, so I said yes. But then this very store that had filled my heart, ripped it apart when they told me they had gone "bag-less." Okay, I get the whole green movement but what it the ruffle am I supposed to do during the rest of my errands clutching this shirt sans bag? So I went across the street to buy a Kombucha and a Lara Bar - not because I was hungry or thirsty but because I really needed the bag. Anyways, to continue on my erratic Sacai DIY, I bought cobalt blue lace, dewy grey silk taffeta, and sheer white accordion pleated trim.

I skipped on home like a happy little lamb. Only to open my laptop to find that same image still starring me in the eyes. Now with all the tools necessary, I'm like how exactly do I do this???

To be continued.


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff