Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Self Defining

No comments :
 
This morning amid my scattered brain I thought of how I would define my personal style, had someone besides myself ever asked. I posed myself with the question: If you had to define your wardrobe with ten pieces, what would they be? Well, What would they be? If these ten pieces were chosen over their competition they must mean enough to me - thus they might,  just might help me better define my sartorial choices.

1. Black Frilly Dress - I bought it two years ago to wear on my birthday, but its really been through so much more. It has small crochet flowers and gathered sheer layers of fabric that swing around at every step. I wear a fair share of sweaters over it, so it often moonlights as a skirt. (pictured is Red Valentino)

2. Leather Jacket - It transforms everything into a better version of itself. (Mango quilted and suede)

3. Alpaca Coat - Okay, I just finished making this one so I haven't technically worn it - outside of 24/7 within the confines of my house. I know this one is going to be a staple though, after all he was stitched with nothing but TLC. (Alexander Wang)

4. Jeans - ONLY of the Topshop variety. I tried their denim for the first time last August and theres no turning back, I think I have 5 pairs now.

5. Oversized Mens Pullover - the one I'm referencing within my own wardrobe I got from Thrift Town and slightly resembles a very loved teddy bear. It lends it's self to many roles, over the dress, under the jacket, over the plaid under the coat, with the jeans etc. (Rag & Bone)

6. White Tee Shirt - I went back and forth between a black or white tee. Settling on white just for the novelty of my particular favorite - from an Elizabeth and James sample sale, it's large and soft enough that it could've been my boyfriends, had I had a boyfriend who shopped at sample sales.

7. Plaid Silk Button up - Also from Thrift Town, it yearns to be really grungy but it's 100% silk so it can only go so far. (LAMB)

8. Penny Loafers - They're black and white and have baby sized gold tassels. For some reason whenever I'm in Dallas they garner a lot of male attention that leaves me wondering - did he like me or just my shoes? (Michael Kors)

9. Wang Ponyhair Oxfords - they're not really oxfords but that's what AWang.com refers to them as. They were an eBay feat and lend about two additional inches to my stature.

10. Golden Goose Sneakers - Yet another, if not my most prized eBay victory. Theres just something about handmade, pre-distressed sneakers that add a little sparkle to my stride - aside from the fact that they are indeed metallic.

After making this list, I realized these ten items are much like my style in which they are perpetually changing. These items I somehow lived without prior to obtaining, but now claim I cannot. Just like two years ago I lived for brightly colored blazers in every color of the rainbow and now can't even bear to look at them. SO what items of the future will take over the very spots above? Destiny's Child really captured how I feel about this through "thought I would die without you But I'm livin'"




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff