Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Mental Images

No comments :
 
Music gives us the ability to retain the smallest of vivid memories, almost better than pictures, which later through our imagination allow us to create images within our minds. A few days ago, I heard On the Sea by Beach House while I was in the car on the highway at night with my brother. The sky was flooded with clouds making the most ominous sense of darkness diluted only by the grey foreground; it was calmly illuminated by a soft yellow haze in the distance. Last night the same image of the sky appeared in my dreams, only as the beginning of a runway show, to the same tune. Projected onto a large concrete wall were my mental images of the dark sky. A single spot light appeared on the models, whom languidly traipsed down the runway, slowly as if they were lost. From my perspective, the models appeared to be walking into oblivion. The runway was long and ended with the models disappearing into a darkened exit - the reverse of where they began. The clothing seemed to be oriental inspired, with metallics, jacquards, boxy skirts, and ruffles that fluttered in the wind. To complete my show, after three long pale peach organza gowns, I rode side saddle on the back of a llama, smug and expressionless, down the runway. After my exit the song ended in a buzz, with complete darkness coming over the room. I'll never know if people clapped or not because I woke up, but I've been replaying the show all day inside my head.


Images: Tumblr, Open Lab, Scandinavia S/S/A/W, Hunger Magazine, Vogue Russia, Vogue China.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff