Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Sunday, February 24, 2013

MFW Favorites

No comments :
 
 Take note: Bold color blocking and optical-illusion-like prints. 
While I wasn't as much of a fan of the beginning of this show, the middle and end were PHENOMENAL. The mosaic, Byzantine, and Renaissance inspired pieces we're beautiful.
 Ornate? 
Absolutely. 
Gaudy?
 Well, maybe a little.
But that's what Dolce & Gabbana does best, better than anyone else. They had a clear vision and inspiration, and it comes across beautifully. I'm also hoping this will spark a lengthy discussion in my art history class, but one can only hope.

Maybe this goes back to brand favoritism, maybe Marni's only here because it's Marni. But I can't resist this leather top and strapped sandals that are reminiscent of my zoo camp days. Maybe I would have lasted at camp longer if I had Marni sandals? 

Coats my Goats. Not Goats per say, but that perfect navy pony hair motorcycle jacket. The middle camel coat has such a causal ease to it, the exterior pockets only adding more of a functional aspect to it, even better.

Many have bashed them in the past, but I've always held a liking toward Blumarine, this season was no exception. Nude knits, dresses over paints, perfect plaids, and statement pops of color via that dreamy creamsicle orange. 

Let's count how many times I stated something as "Perfect"
All photos from Style.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff