Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What is Style Marc?

No comments :
 

Original photos - thoughtfully placed thought bubbles added
What is Style Marc? 

That is not the answer to a Jeopardy question, but actually a very valid question in general. It occurred to me in the latter part of last night that there was never a proper introduction to Style Marc. In other words you’re probably all wondering why I spelt Mark wrong - do I really love Marc Jacobs that much?

Lets start with the first half: Style. To be 100% candid, style is becoming – if it already isn’t - a monotonous term thrown around, losing its originality  - much like the style blog realm itself, but I digress. Style, begging to be defined, is different amongst the eye of the definer, the critic, and the wearer. (Similar to the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?) Style is not just what you wear, it’s how you wear it and how you carry yourself. Your inclination towards certain things that make up your repertoire, ready to cloak you for whatever role you're willing to take on that particular day.  That being said, I believe ones style is inherently the same, yet still gives the wearer creative license to alter their daily roles. In other words – the silhouettes, colors, and fit you gravitate towards will change very rarely, but the way in which you combine pieces, allows you to tell the world – this is who I want to be today.

Okay so I’m sure you’re all like – we didn’t need your own definition of a very regularly used term, what is with the C in Mark??? I know, I know - my sincerest apologies. Mark refers to an inscription that declares ownership, serving as a guide, general impression, or Mark - King of Cornwall.  Just kidding. So while Mark serves as all of these things, Marc refers to the same general principal except if we’re declaring ownership through our Mark – there is no reason for me not to slap on my first initial in exchange for the k, K?

Thus if you do the addition – Style Marc aids itself as a post (pun intended) where I can document my thoughts on style and the experiences and influences that allow it to emerge. I could go on and on, but I won’t. Toodles. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff