Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

11 Hour Cleanse

No comments :
 
"Am I the Cleansing type?" I asked myself this morning. It didn't matter, the cleanse was happening whether I was or I wasn't. You see after drowning my stress and sorrows into half a garlic baguette (the other half went bad) and then having froyo for dinner (free no less) the following night, with a whole lot of candy corn in between, I had the sense that a cleanse could lead me no where but the right direction.

The latter part of last night, I looked up various cleanses and deemed them all too much of a commitment, (there was no way I would last all 3 days) thus I decided like most cases it would be best to DIY. I woke up, opened my fridge and decided that blueberries, banana, pineapple and half of an avocado (that I would later realize should have been thrown out before the baguette incident even took place) would be my sustenance for the day; in addition to whatever juicy-juices I would find at Juice Press.

So after devouring some blueberries, and about 6 cups of water I set out for Juice Press. There were too many choices, including Pumpkin Spice, Pink Punk and Perfect Pear; all seemed like valid options, but once again a huge commitment. What if the 10 oz of Pumpkin Spice didn't turn out to be the liquified version of Pumpkin Pie? Thus I settled on "Omg! My favorite Juice!" which contained celery, cucumber, pear, grapefruit, kale and parsley juice. Settling on such only for the title, as it must have earned its rank somehow. I stopped briefly at Jackson Square just outside the shop, to try the concoction as well as Instagram a photo of my juice (and shoes).  The juice exceeded my expectations in terms of taste as I silently said to myself, "Omg! My favorite Juice!"

I made it back to school with enough time to sit in the sun and drink some more juice before my first class. During class - American History, I wondered if I would make it through all three hours as on a normal day it tends to be questionable. Surprisingly as the time passed I felt more awake and alert than I typically do. I silently thanked my juice and continued to drink. During my break I ate pineapple, finished my juice and continued to hope that I would make it through my next class. I did, and then because I'm a loser, I ran-walked back to my building in order to retrieve two packages I'd been anxiously awaiting. This run-walk led to actual exhaustion. I felt like taking a nap, but because I'm melodramatic I asked myself "what if you actually don't wake up?" I had an internal debate with myself but the hungry self prevailed, and I reached salvation in omelette form. I tried to tell myself that I still had not eaten any processed foods all day, and then I saw the Trader Joe's Cookie Butter and admitted further defeat. 






No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff