Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Friday, March 21, 2014

Lets Pretend Play Time!

No comments :
 
I think I have strep throat and it's probably because I was busy pretending it was seventy degrees today when it barely breached the mid fifties... So if we're going to keep on pretending spring has sprung, then it means that Coachella is right around the corner and we're going. 
I went to a thrift store today in search for a denim dress and I kid you not, the first thing I put my hand on was a silk Isabel Marant Etoile Dress much like the silhouette of the one pictured, just with a much smaller print and in a deep maroon. I'm an idiot though - because I left without it. Every spring I find myself wanting to emulate this carefree girl that exists in my head - she has 101 different quirky vintage t-shirts and this Weekday Banana Tee  is 101% something she would own -  however this shirt is sold out and this website does not ship to the US, so that girl probably lives abroad. I go in and out of phases where I love a bold lip and I hate a bold lip and these Karen Walker sunglasses  seem like a good alternative to making a statement on your face without too much of a commitment. I'll be honest and state that I found this denim brand "Runawaydreamz" on Kylie Jenner's Instagram, that is also a "z" slapped at the end - likely so the brand wouldn't be confused with this. The Runawaydreamz shorts are a little on the high side, but look how beautifully faded and frayed. 

Once I think I've decided what I want from Zara, I find three more things the next week that I deem even better that the items from the weeks prior, most recently these fringy sandals. Part sneaker, part sandal, part loafer Phillip Lim got it right with these. This Lulu Frost Gold Code Moon ring, could be a moon, or it could mimic my first initial. 
If I glue pom-poms all over this jacket will it be equally as cool as this Phillip Lim embellished bomber?


This Opening Ceremony Sumi bag is charming in many ways, the electric hue, the cracked leather and the round little discs that make up the handle... it's the little things. The carefree girl that I mentioned earlier (the one with the t-shirts) also happens to have every peasant ruffle blouse you could not only imagine - but want...like this Isabel Marant one. This is really a sunglasses case, but I believe it has the power to pretend that it's the french-est of french minaudière. Why not bring a little bit of France to sunny so-Cal?

Okay see you at Coachella. Toodles.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff