Pages

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Sunday, March 3, 2013

PFW F/W 2013 Part I

No comments :
 
Bold yet functional. Key players were those graphic print pants and coats. I loved the pointed color detailing on the last look. I also want to point out how content the models all appear. I wonder if it's harder for a brooding model to appear content down the runway or in their natural brooding state?
I know if I was in these clothes I'd be pretty content.

One part 80's inspo, the other part Christmas inspo. The second I saw the first look my mind thought "its the red ornaments my mom loves" But really, no matter what inspo he drew from, it produced a phenomenal show. 
One of my most highly anticipated shows this PFW. All those haters a few months ago bashing Wang, doubting Wang... Look at Wang now. When he came out after the show my heart fluttered with joy.
 I'll quote myself briefly "He's growing up so fast"
 Sure the collection was a smidgen safe, but he respected Balenciaga as a brand, and I'm sure he will build up his confidence in this position as time lapses. The shoes and crackled paint pieces were of my favorites.

Christian Dior
As Kanye once said "Christian Dior they don't make em like this anymore"
I recommend watching the show to get the full effect of the surreal chic aura.
The voices speaking in the show, as strange as they were, were engaging interesting and new. 
 But we'll talk clothing-wise.




This collection was loud and fresh. The technical layered intricate prints reminded me a bit Mary Katrantzou, except he took on different silhouettes that she typically does. Statement pull over with fur, please let the statement embellished pullover never fade, its currently a reigning favorite of mine.

All photos Style.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff